Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Take Shape for Life Days 1 & 2

Well, I survived day #1 of my new eating regimen. The Take Shape for Life meals that I eat 5 times a day turned out to be surprisingly delicious. I had a dark chocolate shake for breakfast. Then, a few hours later I had a bag of their mustard flavored pretzel sticks. Next, I tried a Peanut Butter bar which was truly divine! On the way to my Arbonne monthly meeting I snacked on some nacho cheese flavored puffs. After my meeting, I had another dark chocolate shake followed by my lean and green meal. It was pretty late by the time I had my lean and green meal and I was tired and didn't know what to make. So, I ended up making scrambled eggs with baby portabella mushrooms. But, today I figured out that most of the vegetables are to be measured out BEFORE cutting, dicing, slicing, chopping, or mincing. So, instead of my three cups of whole baby portabella mushrooms I ended up with 3 cups of finely chopped (Thank you to whoever came up with the idea for the mini food processor- my new best friend). When all was said and done I couldn't decide whether my scrambled mushroom eggs looked more like oatmeal or vomit. But, on the upside, they were delicious. I seasoned them with some Mrs. Dash (my other new best friend because her seasonings are on the "approved condiments list" - in moderation, of course).

Day 2 today went a lot better because I knew what to expect. Instead of waiting until the end of the day for my lean and green meal I had it for lunch. My friend Rachelle came over to visit and we had lunch together and we both agreed that the vegetables must be measured pre-cutting because the recipe for the omelet we were making ended up being too full of veggies and just didn't look quite right. So, we improvised and added more egg beaters and turned them into scrambled eggs. So, these were supreme scrambled eggs. They had crumbled up morningstar farms spicy sausage patties (they're really soy instead of sausage), lots of chopped up spinach, lots of white mushrooms, lots of chopped up black olives, and lots of tomatoes. Then, we seasoned it with some caribbean flavored Mrs. Dash. They were excellent!
Aside from the scrambled eggs, I've had a dark chocolate shake, a chocolate bar, a chocolate brownie, and a peanut butter bar. And now, I'm going to have some hot chocolate before I go to bed to finish off the day.

So, really, it hasn't been too bad. The hardest part really has been to remember to drink all of my water. I haven't been overly hungry like I'd expected and so I have to remind myself to eat all my meals too.

No comments:

Post a Comment