Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Stand All Amazed!

 Sometimes...the Spirit directs you and let's you know what is "Right", even when everything seems to be going wrong.I learned this week that that it's best not to question the Spirit even when it seems tough not to do so. 
Here's my story. I think it's pretty inspirational. Hopefully, others will think it is as well.
 
I applied at temp agency this past week and they had me take tests to measure my abilities in Word, excel, typing etc...and I scored soooooooo high! I got an 83 on Excel when the avg. is 74 and a 93 on Word and the avg is 80.Plus, I did really well on the office skills (like doing math and spelling and grammar)
and on my typing and 10-keyand when I had my interview it went soooo well....the lady was sooooooo impressed with me and said, with my skill set she'd have no problem placing me
and in fact, because I did so well, she said she'd be putting me at the top of their list.
She said I'd make a great receptionist or admin. assistant and figured that they could probably place me withing a few weeks (if not sooner).
but they needed a reference from Wells Fargo
which was fine But, I knew that they don't do references and I told her that. She said that they just needed to ask them a couple of questions...so I gave her the name of my former supervisor...(because it's their policy that they MUST get a reference from your previous employer).
Well...I got an email from the lady that said she couldn't get any info from Wells Fargo.
and that because of that they wouldn't be able to place me because it's their policy that they MUST get a reference from the previous employer. There just wasn't any way around it.So, I was sooooo sad...
I'd felt so good about everything...I felt like the Spirit had lead me to this one temp agency (I'd been to others but all they wanted to do was send me to some rinky dink call center). I felt really confused because I still felt really good about it all...even after I got the rejection e-mail. So, I sent a reply thanking them for their time and saying that the best I could do was to probably get a reference from a former co-worker at Wells Fargo, but that I knew that probably wouldn't work for them.Somehow, even though I had kind of started to accept the fact that I wouldn't be able to work with them I still felt really good about working with them. The Spirit was just so strong. I knew I shouldn't question the Spirit but I didn't understand why I felt so good when it obviously wasn't working out. Well, I didn't hear from them for almost a day. Then, I got an e-mail late Friday afternoon. It was such a surprise. I didn't think I'd hear back from them since they wouldn't be able to work with me. But, I was shocked at its contents! The lady said she'd gotten special permission to use a former co-worker from Wells Fargo as my reference! Now I knew why I had still felt so good about everything. It *was* working out after all! I am so grateful for the Spirit and for the direction it gives us in our lives when we are listening to it. I'm grateful for its promptings: I don't know if they would have thought about using one of my former co-workers as a reference if I  hadn't brought it up in the first place. Hopefully, I'll get placed soon! 

Well, here's the picture of the day. This is a photo of me and a friend in my favorite park in the city where I lived in China. The park's name in English is Goldfish Park. It was my favorite place to relax while I lived there. I would walk around the park for hours at a time every night (for exercise). It is a HUGE park.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Now, here's something cute a friend showed me tonight. It's Cookie Monster's parody of the song "Call me maybe".
I got a real kick out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment