Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Qdoba = YUMMY!

I had a pretty busy day today. Not terribly busy, just a little more busy than usual. I was a good girl and after I dropped Andrew off at work I headed straight to the gym. I think I was mostly asleep during my stint on the elliptical and I really don't remember much except for that even though I was tired I did my mile faster than normal. (Maybe because I wanted to get done faster so I could get home faster so I could take a nap) I know it doesn't sound like much but right now all I do is a mile. I've sprained my ankles both so many times I that it's not even funny. A couple of months ago I re-injured my left ankle and although it's not technically sprained, it hurts a lot so I'm trying to let it heal, but at the same time I'm trying not to baby it too much. Then, I came home and took a short nap before I headed off to my interview at the temp. agency. It was an great interview. I had to take some tests (typing, excel, Word, etc...) before my actual interview and I knew I did O.K. on them. But, my interviewer was really impressed with me and said I did awesome. My excel score was an 83 and the average is 74. My Word score was 93 and the average is 80. She said they'll have no trouble placing me! In fact, she said I'm at the very top of their list now because I have such a great skill set. She said it probably wouldn't be long before I get an assignment. (One could come tomorrow or it could take a few weeks, but she didn't seem to think it'll be very long) So, hopefully, I'll be saying "buh-bye" to Wendy's soon. I know it will be just a "temp" job but Andrew and I both feel good about me doing this and leaving Wendy's. The temp. agency is all the way on the other side of town and a part that we rarely go to. So, after leaving the temp. agency I was driving and noticed a Qdoba. I remember Angela saying it's a good place so I decided to try it. All I can say is "YUMMY!" I had a burrito and I made sure that I stayed within my daily Weight Watchers points allowance too. It took up a good chunk of my points, but it was definitely worth it! The only other really interesting thing about today was that I learned a new Korean word: Kegogi. It means dog meat. A customer came into Wendy's tonight and we were talking and somehow we got on the subject of Fast Food in other countries. He said in Korea he went to Burger King and they had a Bulgogi burger. He was going to describe was bulgogi is but then I told him I knew what it was and loved it. Then, he said make sure you don't get kegogi and told me the meaning of the word. That was the most excitement I had tonight at work.

Today's post felt kind of naked without any photos so I scoured our hard-drive for any and all photos. To my great surprise I found our photos from our France/England trip. I'd thought that only a few had survived and that most had been somehow deleted before they got uploaded. So, here are a few of the more interesting and random photos I found.


















(And sent to bed straightaway so the adults can play!)















YUM! CHEESE...LOTS of CHEESE!

No comments:

Post a Comment