Thursday, August 9, 2012

Probably Nothing Exciting Today!

So, I'm trying to be good and post something everyday. Hopefully, my one follower will enjoy it. You know who you are. I  promise I'll try to have interesting posts most of the time. But this is a good way for me to kind of journal too, so it helps me do that too.

Today is my day off and all I've got planned is baking a cake with my friend from work, working on my picture frames (yes, I still haven't finished them yet), and just plain relaxing. Oh, and I might throw in some housework somewhere in there as well as a nap.

My friend is from Somalia and she's a Muslim. Right now it's Ramadan and they're fasting for 30 days (4am - 9pm everyday) and apparently the fast ends this Sunday and they have some sort of big gathering and they have lots of food. So, she's baking an African cake. Last night she asked if I had measuring cups because she doesn't have any and so I invited her to come over and bake it here because, of course, I have tons of measuring cups. So, that should be fun. I think I'll ask her more about her religion. I've always been intrigued by Muslims. I think if I wasn't LDS I'd either be Jewish or Muslim. She also said I could come to her mosque some time just to see what it's like and I think I'll take her up on her offer. That would be really cool. So, that's what's going on today. Like I said yesterday my blog feels naked without any photos so here's one from our France/England trip that I really like. I turned out really well.
 ENJOY!

















 I think this is a really good shot of the Eiffel Tower! 
Not sure if I took it or Andy did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment