Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Soup & Crepes!

Yesterday I made my Magic Soup. I call it Magic Soup because it helps you lose weight. How? It's simple - it's vegetable soup and it's yummy and it's super low calorie and once you eat it you don't really crave anything except for the soup. My mom used to make it once in a while when I was growing up and I made it after I came back from China and had gained back a few of the pounds that I had lost over there. It totally worked. And...as long as you keep up with healthy eating you don't gain back the weight, so it's not just water weight that you're losing.
Saturday I bought a really big stock pot. I didn't know how big of one I'd need and I couldn't decide between the 8 qt. and the 12 qt. Finally, I decided to go with the 12 qt. Boy, am I glad I did! I only made one batch of the soup and it filled the entire 12 qt plus I had to use our crockpot and it filled that up as well! So, we have Soup, Soup, and more Soup. And, Andy seems to like it...he had 3 bowls last night! But, that may have been because he didn't have any rice (which is what he generally eats).


















YUM!


















Our enormous stock pot

This morning I was really ambitious and made crepes. Actually, I just wanted to go to I-Hop and get there Nutella crepes, but I didn't feel like spending the money, so I decided to make them at home. They were actually pretty filling and I only ate 2 which is good because that ended up being 11 Weight Watchers points. But, I have 42 for the day and an extra 49 for the week that I can use any time. So, 11 for breakfast isn't bad.

Here's my crepes from start to finish.

































I didn't realize until after I took the picture that the bananas and nutella on the second picture kind of look like some sort of alien face!


No comments:

Post a Comment