Friday, March 11, 2011

Здравствуйте!

I checked our blog's stats again today and I was pleased to learn that we've had a visitor from Russia this week! So, in honor of our Russian friends, I'd like to say: Здравствуйте! pronounced : [zdras-tvooy-tyeh] which means "Hello!"


I could go on for days and days with regards to everything I know about Russia. Andy could also go on and on about Russia. So, I've decided not to bore everyone with that. Although, I'd like to formally announce that I'm somewhat jealous that Andy's visited Russia and I have not yet had the pleasure to do so. (I was a Russian major for a year and Andy simply studied Russian in high school) Andy's been a lot of places that I have not, but this is the one place I've dreamed of visiting since I was a little girl. I could care less if I ever make it to Germany or Italy or some of the other places he's visited (although it would be nice). I'm still upset that Andy has never shown me any of his pictures from Russia. I'm not even sure he has any. I'll have to ask him tomorrow.



I remember in Russian class we used to watch this show called ДО СВИДАНИЯ ЛЕТО or in English - "Goodbye Summer" - We used to beg our professor to let us watch it. I'm not sure why because it is super cheesy. But, I guess it just goes to show how far you will go when you're learning a language...sometimes.
About a year ago when I when I was back in school I was looking for economics lectures on youtube because I had swine flu and I was quarantined in our apartment I got sidetracked and ended up looking for ДО СВИДАНИЯ ЛЕТО instead and to my delight I found it. (I eventually ended up finding some economics lectures too) So, here is the very first episode of ДО СВИДАНИЯ ЛЕТО for those who are interested.
If you don't watch it I'll be offended; however, Andy won't I'm sure. He'd probably tell me it's cheesy and question my sanity for liking it.



For something a little lighter and more fun here's a cool Russian Pepsi commercial I found on youtube.



Ok, that's all for today, hopefully those who visit our blog will have found it interesting and somewhat useful, or at least entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment